Saturday, May 8, 2010

Overwhelming

I still can't believe it. It hasn't really sunk in. In a few short months, I'll be a student living in the UK. I'll FINALLY be "A Bellingham Yank in the UK." It seems unreal. I mean, as much faith as I have in God's love, goodness, and care for me, I'm not sure I really believed this was possible. I had gotten used to seeing other people's dreams come true, but me? I have had a few. I have stood amongst Roman ruins, taken a couple trips to amazing places, found friends that I know will be a part of my life forever, but as hugely important and life-changing as those things are/have been for me... I still didn't believe I was allowed to have more. This has caused a major shift in my thinking, in my faith. EVERYTHING looks a bit different now. A bit brighter. A bit more in focus.

On the heels of these overwhelming thoughts, come other overwhelming thoughts... I spent some time today, trying to figure out how to apply for my visa... It about did me in... Holy cow! I got dizzy, lost, clicking through page after page of confusing information... I'm really wishing I knew someone who had moved from the US to the UK for school and could walk me through the process. On top of that I have to start applying for financial aid. *Shudder!* VERY overwhelming stuff. And then there are the thoughts of everything that I'll miss here, while I'm there... That's nearly enough to stop me going. Nearly. I would be a level of stupid all my own to give up this opportunity. I don't want to be stupid. I also don't want to stay the way I am. I want to grow, learn, become more who God meant when He meant me...

So I ask this from those I love, who love me, pray please. Pray that visas and finances work out easily and swiftly. Pray that I don't crack up! Pray for peace.

Thank you.

No comments: