Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heat Induced Insanity

Insane. My whole life at the present moment summed up in one little word, insane. Not in a bad way, just a, well, insane way. I have been extremely busy doing things I love. Which, if I think about it, is the best kind of busy. :) On the downside, the warm weather has arrived. :( So, I am very uncomfortable. I can't stand heat. I get heat exhaustion very easily, migraines and nausea and all, not to mention the fact that I am allergic to sun. Really, I break out in very painful hives. As a result, I have quite the collection of parasols as well as umbrellas that are never used for rain. haha

I am gearing up for fair season with Sardis. I am going to 3 fairs this year. The first, the Grant County fair, runs August 15-20. A week off work, doing other work. :) I can't actually afford to take the time off, but I need a break from my usual routine. Also, there are only a few available to cover it. I'm really excited to go! Even if Grant County is predicting temperatures in the mid 90s... I love my work with Sardis and am willing to deal with the soul-crushing heat. Ah well, I can stand a week of soul-crushing, if it means being with my birds and friends. :) In September, there is the Chelan County Fair, then at the end of the month, a few days in Levenworth. I can't wait! I do a little dance of excitement every time I think about the going on the fairs. The 14th of this month is a BIG day... My one year anniversary of working at Sardis! That day falls one day before my first fair starts :)

Well, I suppose that's it for now. Have a lovely day!

No comments: