Monday, December 5, 2011

Wait, what?

Do you ever have a day when you just look at your life and say "Hu?" I've been having a lot of those lately. I've been struggling to keep perspective, see the big picture. Every day is filled with so many brain mushing activities. Things that need to be done, things that are necessary, but I don't really see the point. I have trouble seeing past my immediate circumstances the last several months. Knowing that I have goals that I will accomplish "someday" doesn't exactly comfort me in the everyday grind of life... I don't really have a lot to complain about. I have a family that cares about me and (most of them, lol) like to be around me. :) I have a job, which in the current market, is something to be grateful for. I have the best friends a girl could ask for, for which I thank God every day. I have a home with a comfy bed. I have never truly been without food. I have transportation. I have the ability to communicate with those I love, and even a few strangers too. ;) I have a wonderfully amazing volunteer job working with some of the most awe-inspiring animals a person can ever hope to be around. And currently, I have the most amazing Christmas tree in my living room. And to top it all off, I have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe who happens to love me a whole lot... That's a pretty impressive list, don't you think? I am SO very grateful for all of the blessings in my life, especially when I take a moment to look around at the world around me. I guess the "Hu?" comes from all my preconceived ideas. All the "plans" I made for myself all of my life. The things I thought I would have accomplished by this point in my life. It becomes very difficult to keep the big picture in my head when I realize that not one of the "big" things on my list of goals for my life is anywhere even close to being made a reality. Of course, I did just have a birthday a couple of weeks ago. I tend to think this way around my birthday. It's kind of like a yearly check up on my own progress. The problem being that, I don't see much progress. :/ I know what you're thinking, "Quit moaning! Didn't you JUST list how many things you have going for you?! Geez!" "Hey! Don't feel bad, just focus on all the positive things you listed above!" You would be right on both counts. But what can I say? That's how I feel today, and quite often recently. On a brighter note, I had a wonderful week of birthday celebrations last month. I felt SO loved and SO blessed, even amidst all my yearly grumbling over my lack of goal achievement. AND it's almost Christmas! My favorite time of year! I'm going to log off now, so I can continue my vigilant prayers for snow. :)

No comments: