Thursday, March 25, 2010

Restfully Lazy

Yesterday was a great day. Because of torrential rain, Alys and I decided not to go castle hopping. Instead, we stayed in. It was lovely. We drank tea, ate delicious food, and watched period films. What did we watch? Sense and Sensibility, Emma, and after that, a very long, very well done version of Jane Eyre. A very full day. We were exhausted at the end of it all. :) After Alys picked Gethin up from work, we set about ordering my train tickets. I got my tickets to travel to Manchester tomorrow, and to Chesterfield on Tuesday... Later in the evening, Gethin picked up dinner from the chippy. I got to have real fish and chips! I have been craving them for months. They were so good! After dinner, we played Carcassonne. I love that game, but hadn't played in ages. I did not do well. :/ It was a lot of fun though!

On the whole, yesterday was a lovely, restful, lazy day. Food, fun and friends. A winning combination for sure! :)

Today, Alys had to work. I slept in a bit. After I got up I made some breakfast, then, as it wasn't raining, decided to take a walk around the farm and the area. Ty Gwyn Farm is gorgeous. I took a load of pictures. I leaned on the fence for a while and got acquainted with the cows. They are lovely. They have bright red, curly fur, and big friendly eyes. I wanted to get to know the horses too, but they were way out in the muddy field, and I have no boots. :( One of them ventured toward me, but changed his mind. Tease. After a bit, I walked down the lane to the road and wandered up it for a while. The higher I got up the hill, the more breathtaking the view. Then I about faced and walked down the road. I found some lovely spots, including a stand of trees with a little stream meandering through it... There were birds everywhere. And the air smelled so sweet. The area is so peaceful and full of life. The air, sounds, and sights were so refreshing and filled me with happiness. What can I say? I love nature! :)

I spent the rest of the day watching movies and nibbling on snacks. Very quiet and cozy. After Alys and Gethin came home, dinner prep began. A friend of Alys's was coming over for dinner. I set the table, Alys made dinner, and Gethin made an apple crumble. Then Myra arrived. She is great. We all had a lovely chat at the table, then moved into the living room. We talked some more, then watched a short DVD by Rob Bell. I have never heard him speak before, so this was my introduction... Then we ate crumble with hot custard. SO good! I couldn't finish mine though, as I had eaten s much dinner... It was a lovely evening.

Before I wet to bed I said good bye to Gethin, as he would be leaving early for work. Tomorrow, Alys and I are going to see a couple of Castles before my train!

No comments: