Sunday, March 14, 2010

Twitchy

I am SO close to vacation! So close, but not there yet. sigh. It's making my eye twitch. Friday was a blast. I go off work at 3 pm and bid all my coworkers farewell... "See you in a month guys!" It felt great. The last time I said that, was because I was going in for major surgery and wasn't allowed to work for a month after... I prefer the vacation scenario.

I am in no practical way, ready for this trip. I have most of my laundry done, and I bought a new tube of toothpaste. Today I am finishing up the laundry and attempting to pack. I HATE packing. There are so many things I always want to take, but it just won't work. :( For instance, one of my complete sets of the Harry Potter series. I mean, what better place to read all of Harry Potter (again) than the country in which it is set. On that same line of reasoning, I want to bring my complete set of Austen novels, the collected works of William Shakespeare, some Henry James, and my book of plays by Oscar Wilde... Alas, there are limits to how much you can take on a trans-Atlantic flight. That being the case, it also SERIOUSLY limits how many pairs of shoes I can take. Plus, I want to leave space and weight available for bringing souvenirs back... Drat.

Oh well. Despite the stresses ahead of me today, I can't get too annoyed. I'm going to the UK for three and a half weeks, after all. And anyway, Tabitha will kill me if I complain!

1 comment:

Tabs said...

so true!